We are delighted that you are interested in Sacred Heart Catholic Primary school. We are proud of our school and work hard to ensure we maintain our high standards of attainment and achievements. We are fully committed to offering all pupils a broad and balanced curriculum and we experience high levels of success. Our pupils reach their potential and grow secure in the knowledge of their faith and become confident learners. As a catholic school we work in partnership with children, parents, governors, staff and with our church, Sacred Heart Baguley.
Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. We are here to help you through this process. Detailed here you will find out how to apply for a place at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School. In order to fully appreciate the high standards that we have and the opportunities that we offer, we invite all prospective parents to visit the school and meet our wonderful children and staff. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 restrictions in place at this time, no open days or school tours can be arranged until further notice.
- We are first and foremost a Catholic school and we aim to nurture our children in the teachings of Jesus
- We are proud of our results, with the highest the school has achieved
- We offer a rich, progressive, broad and balanced curriculum for the children which includes high quality gardening, music, dance and gymnastic sports provision
- We offer high-quality remote education including live teaching where necessary during the Covid-19 pandemic
- We offered a varied program of clubs before and after school
- We offer outstanding before and after school club provision
For further information, please refer to our Admissions Policy located on the school website http://www.sacredheart-baguley.manchester.sch.uk/page/admissions-policy/13659. If you have any questions please telephone the school office or email email@example.com
How to apply for a Reception class place
Please find below the steps to help you apply for a Reception class place at Sacred Heart.
- You will need to apply to both Manchester local authority and to the school.
- Please complete an application form with Manchester admissions https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/info/500321/primary_school_admissions/7264/apply_for_a_reception_class_place_for_september_2020/4
- In addition to the Manchester application process complete the supplementary application form and return to the school office by the 15th of January. This is essential in aiding us apply our oversubscription criteria list listed in our admissions policy.
- Please phone the school office if you have any further questions or want to check that we have received your application supplementary form.
In-Year Admissions - Reception to Year Six
Occasionally places become available during the year and families wishing to register their interest in a place at Sacred Heart should contact the school office to give details of your children and complete the supplementary application form, also available from the school office. Your details will be kept on file and you will be contacted if a place becomes available.
If your child has not been given a place you can exercise your right of appeal with the local authority. Please phone the school office if you have any questions and we will be happy to help you (0161) 998 3419. You can find out further information from Manchester Local Authority here https://www.manchester.gov.uk/downloads/download/6864/appealing_a_school_placement_decision
For further information please refer to the Appeal Timetable for a place at a voluntary aided primary school.