Cost of Living Support
The dark evenings and cold winter months are challenging for everyone, especially those struggling with the cost of living. Manchester City Council have compiled a list of links where support can be found:
- Manchester's FREE Cost of Living Advice Line: Support with benefits, help and advice about rent, debt, bills, food support and help to get online (support to access the internet, laptops, phones and data). The advice line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm on 0800 023 2692. You can also text on 07860 022 876 or visit manchester.gov.uk/coladvice.
- Manchester's web page for help with the cost-of-living crisis: A comprehensive guide to the financial help and practical support available to Manchester residents.
- Manchester's web page for those in financial difficulty: Providing information on housing/council tax, FSM, fuel, travel and cash grants, furniture and white goods.
- Warm Welcome: You can find out more about Warm Welcome spaces near you by accessing the web pages and map at https://www.warmwelcome.uk/.
- Food Banks and Community Grocers: There are both referral and non-referral foodbanks across Manchester. You can find your nearest online at www.trusselltrust.org or www.greatertogethermanchester.org.
- Local help and support: Information about support and advice in your local area.
- Free SIMS/internet data for those eligible.
- Help with internet use, digital inclusion and use of computers in our libraries.
- Governments Help for Households campaign and web pages https://www.gov.uk/cost-of-living for information and support with benefits, income, rent and bills, pension, subsidised travel, childcare and maternity costs.
Social Tariffs: Low-cost broadband and phone service packages, for those on low incomes. Check the Ofcom website to see if you can switch to a social tariff.